Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mate!

This is an email I sent to my good friend Doug. We used to live and study together, and it is likely he will visit us in South America to attend our second wedding ceremony.

I haven't updated this blog in a while, as we have been going around Asia for about a month now and I have been concentrating too much on the road ahead. But this email outlines some of my plans for once I touchdown in Santiago, just about a month and a half from now.

Hey mate

Travels are going along ok, but I sprained my ankle on day 1 in Nepal, about 10 days ago. We are in Thailand now, and on day 1 last night Francisca came to a similar fate, but hers doesn't seem too bad.

We get back to Australia (in Melbourne) at the end of September....26th or so...we will have a while in Australia then depart on October 16th. The wedding will on November 12th in Rancagua, which is about 1.5hrs south, though most people will be heading down and back from Santiago on the day.

Machine Head are playing in Santiago on October 23rd, I am pretty excited about that, as they playing in South America because they cancelled an Australian tour, so works out good for me....

I don't really have too many plans for around the time, I have no idea what I will do really. We will be staying with Francisca's Mum, and you would be quite welcome to crash on the couch there.

My family are coming in the week before the wedding (there are about 20 plus Boyle family members coming....). Just come whenever you feel like, it would be great to have you around.

Depending on how long you're planning to stick around I'm planning on going to Venezuela for the South American Footbag Championships, they are usually on in about Mid-December. I don't really know the details for that one, but I strongly plan on going, and hopefully can do the next year's event in Chile. Seems this year will be somewhere around Dec 16th. Flights within South America (and to South America) are pretty expensive. I paid $1800 for a return ticket (return is cheaper than one way). If you can get a ticket for under $2000, I would probably just buy it.

Our friend Bron, she used to work in the hostel too, is going to come visit us for Christmas and New Years, I would say by then we'll have a place of our own...maybe a job (not too sure on that one), maybe a bit credit card debt (completely sure on that one), but if you wanted to hang out then that would be cool too. I remember you saying you had about 2 months of leave to take so there are some options over a two month period.

Hopefully by that time I will have my ankle fixed up at the moment, I guess it doesn't hurt too much but it's more of a pain in the bum than anything.

So in short, come whenever and we'll have a good time.

We go: 16/10
Wedding: 12/11

are your two main dates.

How's things with you in Australia? I'm looking forward to get down to some beaches etc in Thailand, maybe the saltwater will do good things for my injuries.

I've been making some blog posts at http://capital-eyes.blogspot.com of our trip if you want to see what we have been up to, and I have also put some photos on facebook, but not all that many.

Look forward to some Sudamerican Rockers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NwXMDbrqA0) adventures. Let me know what your plans are, and I'll let you know as the plan develops.


Dude!

How's ya travels? Can you give me some dates for South America...I'm about to look at flights, tours etc and wanted to get an idea. Also what are your plans around your wedding...what time do you have to hang, explore? I don't wanna crash the party!

Dougie


No comments:

Post a Comment